Effective March 2014
We invite users and visitors to WhoKnows.com.
You must be at least 13 years old to post comments on WhoKnows.com and to give us your email address or any other personally identifiable information about you. If you are under 13, please do not give us any information about yourself, including your name, address, or email address. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete such information from our files.
WhoKnows.com contains both WhoKnows content and user content. The content on WhoKnows.com and any authorized clients are licensed, not sold. Such content is protected by copyright laws and, if applicable, by international treaties.
- View the WhoKnows content on WhoKnows.com;
- Create and modify your WhoKnows Full Profile’s listed skills and knowledge graph details. As the user, you have the sole right to edit and publish the skills and expertise on your profile.
- Copy, transmit, distribute, upload, embed, or display WhoKnows content, provided that if you do so for non-personal purposes (for example, commercial or political) you must preserve and include all copyright, trademark, service mark, attribution, and other proprietary rights notices displayed on or with such WhoKnows content.
You may never do any of the things allowed by this license if your actions, as determined by us: (1) is otherwise unlawful or in violation of any court or administrative order; (2) is harmful to anyone else; or (3) suggests we promote or endorse your, or any third party’s, causes, ideas, websites, products, or services.
The WhoKnows content and any authorized copies are the intellectual property of WhoKnows and its licensors. The WhoKnows content and all of its copies are licensed, not sold. The WhoKnows content is protected by applicable law, including United States and foreign copyright laws and international treaties.
We may provide you with software to interact with our services, such as a browser plug-in like the WhoKnows Discovery Engine to help users discover skills based on their professional web activity. When you register with our services, you will have the opportunity to download our software. You may use our software solely in connection with your authorized use of our services and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. By installing our software, except as expressly authorized by these terms, you agree not to: (i) copy or modify the software; (ii) transfer, sublicense, or otherwise redistribute the software to any third party; (iii) transfer or make the software available to multiple users through any means, (iv) disassemble, decompile, or reverse engineer the software, in whole or in part, or permit or authorize a third party to do so; or (v) otherwise exploit the software.
User content includes text, graphics, and other material and information (such as your profile attributes, profile image, and expertise) that you upload or post to our services. All listed profile pictures and contact details are managed by the user. Users have the ability to edit and modify all of their listed skills before they are published to the network. Users cannot edit or modify the details listed on each other’s profiles. The complete list of searchable terms to be used by the WhoKnows Discovery Engine are chosen by the enterprise client’s administrator. All of the content stored within each user’s profile is not publicly available, nor is it searchable by third-party search engines such as Google. If a private network is created for an enterprise client, only employees of that customer on that network with a verified corporate email address can see other users’ content. By uploading or posting any user content, you give us the right and license to store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works of, publish, distribute, transfer, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, and use your user content in connection with providing our services.
We reserve the right to refuse to post or to remove or delete any user content on WhoKnows.com, at our discretion and with or without notice. When you delete your skills from your WhoKnows Full Profile, we will remove them from your account view and other public areas on WhoKnows.com as soon as possible, and in any event within 48 hours unless there are unforeseen circumstances. Residual data may remain on our servers for up to 90 days. After such period, we may retain copies only if there is a pending legal issue with such content or if we are otherwise required by law, regulation, or legal process.
You represent and warrant that: (1) you own the content that you post on WhoKnows.com or otherwise have the right to post it on WhoKnows.com and grant the above licenses with respect to such content; (2) your posting of any content on WhoKnows.com does not violate any law, regulation, court or administrative order, or the rights of any third party; and (3) your posting of any content on WhoKnows.com does not breach any contract between you and a third party.
- Accessing, tampering with, or using other users’ accounts or any non-public areas of WhoKnows.com, WhoKnows’ computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of WhoKnows’ providers;
- Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on WhoKnows.com, WhoKnows’ computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of WhoKnows’ providers;
- Probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any WhoKnows system or network, or breaching any security or authentication measures;
- Circumventing any technological measure that protects WhoKnows.com;
- Removing any WhoKnows digital or software identifying tags, whether embedded or otherwise or whether visible or hidden;
- Attempting to access or search WhoKnows.com, or downloading content from WhoKnows.com through any means other than the software provided by WhoKnows or other generally available third party web browsers (for example, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari) or public search engines (for example, Google);
- Sending or posting any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters, or other form of solicitation;
- Using any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a WhoKnows trademark, logo, URL, or product name without our prior consent;
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email, or in any way using WhoKnows.com or WhoKnows’ systems to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information;
- Attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer (except as permitted by law) any of the software used to provide WhoKnows.com and its content and services;
- Interfering with the access of any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, or overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing WhoKnows.com;
- Collecting, using or storing any personally identifiable information from WhoKnows.com users or visitors without their express informed consent;
- Impersonating or misrepresenting your affiliation with others;
- Encouraging or enabling others to do any of the foregoing.
Intellectual Property Policy
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect you to do the same. If you believe that a third party infringes your copyright or other intellectual property rights on WhoKnows.com, please provide us with a notice containing the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner of the infringed right or of another person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf;
- Identification of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you believe has been infringed; if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notice, a representative list of such works;
- A description of where the allegedly infringing material is located on WhoKnows.com;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectul property owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you that the information in the notice is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You can reach our designated agent for receipt of such notices as follows:
425 Broadway St
Redwood City, CA 94063
We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement and terminate accounts of repeat infringers according to the process set out in the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
WhoKnows.com may contain links to third-party websites or resources. We are not responsible or liable for the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources or for their content, privacy policies, or services. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by us.
You may include links from your website to WhoKnows.com, so long as you (1) do not portray WhoKnows and our products and services in a false, misleading, or derogatory way and (2) do not suggest that we promote or endorse your, or any third party’s, causes, ideas, web sites, or services.
WhoKnows.com, our social media pages, and our email addresses may allow you to post or submit feedback, ideas, comments, and suggestions for us (collectively, “contributions”). Your submission of contributions to us is voluntary; your contributions are subject to the following terms: (1) you warrant that your contributions do not violate any confidentiality obligations that you may have to third parties and that they do not contain proprietary rights of third parties; (2) your contributions become the property of WhoKnows, and by posting them on WhoKnows.com you assign to WhoKnows all your rights in and to them and waive any “moral rights” with respect to them; (3) WhoKnows is free to disclose and use (or refuse to disclose or use) any contributions at its sole discretion; and (4) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind under any circumstances. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not submit any contributions to us.
THE CONSUMER LAWS OF SOME COUNTRIES PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION AND/OR LIMITATION OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY. THIS SECTION IS NOT INTENDED TO LIMIT YOUR CONSUMER RIGHTS UNDER THESE LAWS AND, WHERE PROHIBITED, IT WILL NOT APPLY TO YOU. FOR A FULL UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR RIGHTS, YOU SHOULD CONSULT THE LAWS OF YOUR COUNTRY.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WHOKNOWS.COM, ITS CONTENT AND THE SERVICES OFFERED ON OR THROUGH IT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” WITHOUT WARRANTY, CONDITION, GUARANTEES, REPRESENTATIONS OR UNDERTAKINGS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY TERMS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, GUARANTEES, REPRESENTATIONS OR UNDERTAKINGS OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCEPTABLE QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE OR CONTINUOUS ACCESS AND SERVICE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY TERMS, WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES, REPRESENTATIONS OR UNDERTAKINGS ARISING OUT OF OR IN THE COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. ANY CONTENT ON OR OBTAINED THROUGH WHOKNOWS.COM IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM US OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE OR WHOKNOWS CONTENT, WILL CREATE ANY TERM, WARRANTY, CONDITION, GUARANTEE, REPRESENTATION OR UNDERTAKING. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW DISCLAIMERS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO TO THAT EXTENT, THIS DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitations of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PEMITTED BY LAW, WHOKNOWS, ITS AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY (1) PERSONAL INJURY; (2) SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (OR FOR ANY LOSS OF: USE, DATA, BUSINESS, OR PROFITS OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS); OR (3) COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, IN EACH CASE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE OR RELIANCE UPON WHOKNOWS.COM, THE WHOKNOWS SERVICES, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR INFORMATION DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY PURCHASED FROM OR PROVIDED BY WHOKNOWS, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES UNDER ANY INDEMNITY, WARRANTY, GUARANTEE OR FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF WHOKNOWS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF, OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF, THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL WHOKNOWS’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES (OTHER THAN AS MAY BE REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW IN CASES OF PERSONAL INJURY) EXCEED THE GREATER OF (1) THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO WHOKNOWS FOR THE SERVICE GIVING RISE TO THE DAMAGES, OR (2) US$25. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS PARAGRAPH ARE A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES AND APPLY EVEN IF THE LIMITED REMEDIES PROVIDED HEREIN FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN LIABILITIES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You agree to comply fully with all applicable import, export and encryption laws including, U.S. import and export laws and regulations to ensure that the WhoKnows technology available on or through WhoKnows.com is not exported or re-exported directly or indirectly in violation of, or used for any purposes prohibited by, such laws and regulations.
Proprietary Rights Notices
WhoKnows, the WhoKnows logo, the look and feel of WhoKnows.com, and all trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names, slogans, and any other proprietary designations of WhoKnows and its services used on WhoKnows.com are trademarks of WhoKnows. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Controlling Law and Jurisdiction
WhoKnows, Inc. is a corporation organized under the laws of the State of California, USA.
Our headquarters are at:
425 Broadway St
Redwood City, CA 94063